The STEM Schools Working Group aims to identify and recognize STEM schools across the District.
- Improved access and equality regarding high quality STEM focused schools
- Provide support for STEM schools
- Prepare students capable of success in other STEM schools, STEM majors, and STEM careers
- STEM Schools Self-Identify via STEM School Questionnaire
- DC STEM Network will verify STEM School status
- Classroom observations
- Teacher and student interviews
- Letters of support from partners
- Verified STEM Schools will be listed on DC STEM Network website
- Formal announcement of STEM Schools at DC STEM Summit
- Targeted support and resources from the DC STEM Network
Get started today! To complete the self-assessment, check out the STEM School Questionnaire.