In 2015-2017, the STEM Schools Working Group aimed to identify and recognize STEM schools across the District.
- To improve access and equality regarding high-quality STEM-focused schools
- To provide support for STEM schools
- To prepare students capable of success in other STEM schools, STEM majors, and STEM careers
- STEM Schools self-identified via STEM School Questionnaire
- DC STEM Network verified STEM School status through
- Classroom observations
- Teacher and student interviews
- Letters of support from partners
- DC STEM Network recognized STEM Schools
- Verified STEM Schools will be listed on DC STEM Network website
- Formal announcement of STEM Schools at DC STEM Summit
- Targeted support and resources from the DC STEM Network
Start the pathway to STEM school recognition with the STEM School Questionnaire.