2019 Elementary Fair
The Elementary DC STEM Fair is coming up on Saturday, June 1, 2019 at the University of the District of Columbia (UDC), 4200 Connecticut Ave, NW (parking free on-site; Metro: UDC-Van Ness, redline).
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019 – Registration opens. Each school can submit up to five projects. Team projects can have up to three students. Read our instructions for school registration.
- Friday, May 17, 2019 – Registration cutoff.
- Teachers who register projects will received a list of students who are confirmed for the Fair by May 22.
- Only students who have been confirmed for the Fair are eligible to compete. Projects must be dropped off on Friday, May 31 from 4:00-6:30 pm at UDC.
- If you anticipate an issue with the registration deadline, please contact email@example.com by May 15 to ensure your students can participate.
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 – Elementary STEM Fair.
- Please note, only participating students in the DC STEM Fair are eligible for awards (for teams, only team members that present at the 2019 DC STEM Fair will be eligible for awards).
Schedule of Events
Friday, May 31, 2019
4:00 – 6:30 pm Project Board Drop Off (reminder only project boards can be displayed at the Fair)
Saturday, June 1, 2019
7:30 – 8:15 am Student Check-In
8:30 – 9:00 am Student and Family Welcome, Judge Orientation
9:00 – 11:00 am Student Project Judging, and Teacher STEM Professional Development (TGR Foundation)
10:00 am – 12:00 pm STEM Expo open
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Public Viewing
1:00 – 1:30 pm Awards Ceremony
1:45 – 2:00 pm Project Board Pickup
For questions about registering student projects or participating in the fair with students, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about being a judge, email email@example.com.
For questions about volunteering for the fair, email firstname.lastname@example.org.