Join the Science Friday Educator Collaborative! The Science Friday Initiative is conducting a search for creative, highly motivated, and dedicated STEM educators to participate in the collaborative development of new multimedia-driven education resources. You’ll work directly with Science Friday staff to produce and share compelling approaches to STEM education inspired by interviews and stories from real scientists, mathematicians, and engineers. Science Friday will support your work with stunning visuals and multimedia, and will then share your content with a larger audience.
Why should I participate?
Participants in the collaborative will receive:
- An opportunity to demonstrate your education expertise and insight to a large audience.
- Creative and editorial guidance from Science Friday to develop educational resources.
- A virtual visit to your classroom from a scientist, engineer, or mathematician, drawn from Science Friday’s community of STEM professionals.
- Materials for implementing your activities with your students.
- Bragging rights! The Science Friday Educator Collaborative is a nationally competitive program with only a select number of participants.
- Connections to educator peers who are creating and sharing compelling approaches to STEM education across the nation.
- Science Friday Swag (T-shirt!).
- A byline. The multimedia-supported educational resource you develop will be featured on Science Friday.
- Oh, and did we mention that you’ll also receive an honorarium of $500.00 for your work?
Who can participate?
Any educator working full-time in the United States with K-12 students in a classroom or in an after-school program, zoo, museum, or any other informal educational institution or program. Educators must have a proven track record of designing and implementing original educational experiences for students. Educators must have completed a minimum of two years in their setting and must submit the contact information for an administrator or supervisor who can attest to their professional excellence as an instructor and facilitator.
This sounds like me! How do I apply?
View and complete the online application HERE. Applications are due Sunday, January 7, 2018, by 11:59 p.m. EST.‹ Back to Resources