Are you interested in science? Do you like talking to people? Are you in high school, and looking for opportunities to volunteer? If you answered “yes” to these questions, you are probably a great fit for the all-teen volunteer group, Q?Crew, at the National Museum of Natural History. Check out the information below to learn more about the Q?Crew program, and how to apply.
The National Museum of Natural History is now accepting applications for the 2017 Q?Crew program. Applications are available on our website. Application deadline is December 16, 2016.
– Meet new friends and geek out over science together
– Gain new science skills and communicate with people from around the world
– Gain community service hours that you can use for graduation if your school requires them
– Get special access to behind-the-scenes tours
– Learn about current science research from scientists and experts
– Free IMAX and Butterfly Pavilion tickets
– Discounts at all Smithsonian Museum Stores
– Free rides on the Smithsonian Carousel
– The opportunity to become part of the Q?Crew family of teens that call the National Museum of Natural History “home”
FIT THE DESCRIPTION?
– 13-19 years old and currently enrolled in high school
– Live in the D.C. Metro area
– Available starting at the end of June
– Committed to serving at least 100 hours by November
– Can sign up for at least two 4-hour shifts each month