The DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) created online learning modules for the NGSS.
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) describe the key scientific ideas and engineering practices that all students should learn by the time they graduate high school. These performance expectations for kindergarten through high school were designed to better integrate STEM learning and to prepare all students for success in college and career.
The following online learning modules were designed to provide clear information for teachers, school leaders, families and community members about what the NGSS cover, how they were developed, and how they will be implemented in DC schools.
- View Video 1: Introduction to the NGSS
- View Video 2: How are the NGSS organized?
- View Video 3: Connecting to the Core
- View Video 4: Understanding the Shifts in Practice
- Video Video 5: Translating the NGSS for Classroom Practice