Engineering Adventures is a FREE curriculum created especially for kids in grades 3–5 in out-of-school time programs! Each EA curriculum unit includes activities and materials uniquely appropriate for the varied landscapes of out-of-school-time settings. Follow India and Jacob as they solve real-life problems by using the engineering design process. Teach students about electricity, acoustic devices, earthquakes, rockets, invasive species and more!
To produce great engineering activities for kids, Engineering Adventures uses a rigorous design cycle that involves testing, evaluating, and improving our work. This process is similar to the Engineering Design Process kids learn about as they use the Engineering Adventures curriculum. The curriculum units are flexible and easy to integrate into your program:
- Each unit includes 6 to 10 activities.
- Activities take about 45 minutes each.
- You use inexpensive, easy-to-get office, craft, and household materials. Each unit comes with supporting material.
Each unit comes with supporting materials:
- Background information about the real-world challenges referenced for each activity
- Questions that help kids push their engineering skills and knowledge
- Detailed lesson plans that make it easy to facilitate the activities
- Activities that support critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork
‹ Back to Resources