The application round for the STEM Teacher Leader Cadre (STEM TLC) is now open!
The STEM TLC is a year-long program for full-time DC Public School (DCPS) and DC Public Charter (DCPCS) school teachers. The DC STEM Network is looking for outstanding, experienced, Pre-K–12th grade STEM teacher leaders who will:
- build their leadership capacity
- identify and share promising practices in schools and across communities
- support and cultivate strategies to engage underrepresented, under-served youth in STEM
- develop professional learning communities to support sustained engagement
- build understanding and knowledge of available student engagement, career building, and STEM learning resources
- develop content knowledge
Participants will receive:
- $2,000 stipend
- Recognition as a DC STEM Ambassador
- Regular professional development and leadership opportunities.
- Recognition of your accomplishments and status at a DC teacher recognition event, press release and social media
- Current, full-time DCPS or DCPCS Pre-K-High School teacher
- At least three (3) years STEM teaching experience in DCPS or DCPCS
- Active DC teacher certification preferred
- For all applicants, a Bachelor’s degree is required; for middle and high school teachers, a Master’s degree with a concentration in a STEM discipline is preferred
- Attendance and active participation in a STEM Leadership Institute on August 8 and 10 (9:00 – 3:00 pm)
- Attendance and active participation in a Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) training on August 12 and 26; September 9, 16, and 23; October 7 (all day).
- Participation in monthly STEM PD sessions
- Active participation as a DC STEM Ambassador
- Providing at least one professional development workshop for school, district, or community.
- Commitment to teach, full-time, in DCPS or DCPCS for the duration of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Signing a Memorandum of Agreement detailing roles and responsibilities of STEM TLC.
Interested in joining the STEM TLC? Apply online today!