The DC STEM Network is excited to launch the third cohort of the Network Ambassador Program, a group of community connectors who help increase access to STEM in their communities across the District! Network ambassadors will be trained in DC STEM resources, events, and programs, so that they can take this information to their communities. In turn, they will share resources, events, and programs from their communities to amplify the reach of local programs. From August 2016 to March 2017, Network Ambassadors reached more than 18,000 students, teachers, and family members with STEM resources!
Ambassadors will receive a stipend of $500 for their time and effort from August 2018 to August 2019.
Network Ambassador Role
- To connect families and organizations to STEM events, programs, and resources in DC
- To serve as a liaison between the Network and families
- To participate in outreach events
- To bring family perspective and voice to the Network
- Complete preliminary training (July 17, 4:00-7:00 pm)
- Attend monthly meetings at partner sites (1.5 hours per month, generally from 4:30-6:00 pm on weekdays, during months without a Network event)
- Refer at least 25 individuals and organizations per month to website events, resources, and programs
- Participate in at least 3 outreach events per year (e.g. tabling at school fair)
- Connect organizations to backbone staff as needed
- Participate in 3 DC STEM Network events (i.e. DC STEM Fairs in March and June, and DC STEM Summit in November or December)
- Disseminate information about the DC STEM Fair, and other Network events
- Complete a monthly contact form
If you are a DC community connector, a faith-based leader, or generally interested in spreading the word about STEM programs, fill out the application today! This application will close on July 11, 2018, at 5pm EST. Orientation will be held on July 17,2018, from 4:00-7:00 pm.