- This event has passed.
Workshop: Making for Educators
March 16 - March 17
What is a Makerspace? Why is making important to youth? Where do I start?
The Digital Harbor Foundation (DHF) is hosting a 2 day workshop to introduce ideas and concepts to educators on how they can create an immersive, hands-on learning environment through making. The workshop will discuss the maker’s mindset, project ideas and templates, and tips on how to build your own makerspace. You will leave with your own kit of supplies in the Makerspace Starter Kit
This workshop is eligible for credit: 1 CPD Credit through the Maryland State Department of Education. There is a fee between $685 – $785 for the workshop. Please visit the website for more information and to register.
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- Make the case for making in education
- Teach maker skills to youth
- Engage youth in hands-on, creative problem solving
- Start your own youth makerspace for any age group
- Integrate making into your curriculum
- Find and create highly engaging design challenges