- This event has passed.
Earth Optimism Day at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
April 22 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
This Earth Day, celebrate conservation success stories at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo! Earth Optimism Day will feature activities, interactive demonstrations, and talks on some of the most uplifting and exciting success stories in wildlife conservation today. Learn more about what’s working in the effort to save species from extinction as you play games, sip bird-friendly coffee, and take part in the Zoo’s first-ever digital scavenger hunt. This free, family-friendly event has something for animal lovers of all ages; join the Zoo on April 22 to celebrate conservation and find out what you can do to help protect the planet!
- Bird-friendly coffee
- Citizen Science
- Coral Conservation
- Reintroduction Success Stories: Black-footed Ferrets and Guam Rails
- Reintroduction of Success Stories: Przewalski’s Horses and Scimitar-horned Oryx
- Save the Golden Lion Tamarin
- Sustainability Committee at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Bike to the Zoo
- Conservation Scavenger Hunt
- Earth Day Animal Enrichment
In the spirit of Earth Optimism, event attendees are encouraged to ride their bicycles to this event to help reduce carbon emissions. Free bicycle valet parking is available for the first 100 cyclists who register through the Zoo’s website.
For more information on this event, visit the Zoo’s website at https://nationalzoo.si.edu/events/earth-optimism-day